NCSSA is a recognised peak body for biodiversity advocacy, research and education.
In these missions, NCSSA is as strong and as successful as its membership.
Who can be a member of NCSSA?
You can. Membership is for anyone who would like to learn more, and share their own knowledge, about the South Australian biological environment
- Participate in fieldwork and conservation based research
- Engage in environmental advocacy
- Visit places of natural beauty and interest with like-minded nature enthusiasts
What comes with your membership?
You can come along to our member's activities which include workshops, talks, walks and field surveys.
- You are invited to NCSSA's regular general meetings that involve special guests to speak on topical South Australian issues.
- You can participate in flora and fauna surveys, utilising standard survey methods to deliver quality data to our South Australian NRM bodies and government agencies.
- You will have opportunities to contribute to co-ordinated comment on government conservation initiatives and development proposals.
- You can develop new skills, meet people and have a say in how we run the NCSSA by joining a committee to help coordinate our activities
- You will receive ‘Xanthopus', our newsletter that brings you the latest updates on NCSSA happenings and issues related to South Australia's biodiversity.
There are four types of membership
- $25 Concession
- $40 Single
- $50 Family
- $66 Group
By offering your support, you can help protect the biodiversity of South Australia. A strong membership base helps NCSSA demonstrate that the community of South Australia values its environment. Join your voice with ours to strengthen the message of advocacy for our native plants, animals and ecosystems.